What's for lunch?
At UCC, we believe in boys. One key way we demonstrate that is by offering them food that will nourish them to be the best they can be in the classroom and in their co-curricular activities. We “think ahead” about the food choices they’re offered today to encourage them to be healthy eaters for life.
Why this matters to you:
- There's a proven link between nutrition and health, and the impact it can have on academic and co-curricular performance.
- Fresher ingredients in the kitchen mean healthier and tastier food for our boys.
The nutrition committee (which includes parents, students and school representatives) and Aramark, UCC’s food service provider, work together to provide diverse food service choices to students, staff and faculty members that are nutritious, promote best practices in sustainability and are cost-effective in all aspects of our operations. Here are some examples:
- We serve a choice of two hot meals every day, including a vegetarian option.
- Freshly roasted turkey and beef have replaced deli meats at the salad bar.
- Salad dressings and sauces are made from scratch using natural ingredients.
- We source naturally raised meats free of antibiotics and hormones.
- Ovens have replaced deep fryers for healthy baking.
- We offer an array of whole grain breads and pastas.
- Fresh fruits and vegetables are organic whenever possible.
- We serve 100-per cent fruit juice with no added sugar.